LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES
This is a work in progress version.
- For the current limitations of overlap analysis calculations see Introduction to overlap analysis
- Tversky comparison metric is not supported by float vector descriptors.
- Support of custom scaled float vector descriptors is not complete. Compressing sparse custom float vector descriptors is not supported.
-countfail in tool
- Command line scripts including self contained examples might fail currently when they are accessed through links.
- Handling of missing additional data points (because of missing SDF property, failed Chemical Terms evaluation) and the handling of variable neighbor counts (resulting from a set dissimilarity threshold) in similarity based overlap analysis calculation and visualization is not implemented.
Non working examples
examples/benchmark.shis improved in 0.1.4 but still under construction.
- The following examples were present in previous releases, they are removed temporarily
- Screenshots are not updated in the documentation.
- Details on the visualization of profiling and execution statistics are not documented.
- Java API documentation includes currently non functional, incomplete classes and also ones to be removed/refactored soon.
- Rest API documentation includes currently non functional api endpoints.
- Some of the public datasets introduced in the Prepare molecules documentation are not used in the examples.
- Documentation compiled from Markdown sources are post processed on client side (TOC generation, syntax highlighting, some workarounds for styling).
- Documentation of the API endpoint for showing available resources on the index page is missing.
- Large images in the documentation are downscaled. A zoomed version is displayed on click, however it still is fitted to the screen. If the image is larger than the available screen currently they cannot be further zoomed in.
- Documentation links non documentation files (scripts, data files, directories of distribution) which are not present on the product site.
Web UI issues
- The current product icon of the MadFast tools (appearing in the documentation and in the Web UI) is expected to be reworked/changed in a subsequent release.
- Issues of real time similarity search web UI
- Tooltip displayed for the disimilarity distribution zebra chart on molecule pick list component changed: descriptor reference is shown instead of proper descriptor name.
- No request prioritization/cancellation is implemented: when a long running (few secs) request (like dissimilarity distribution calculation on very large sets) is fired multiple times (for example during drawing) the previous requests are not cancelled. Also such requests are served concurrently.
- Dissimilarity distribution charts are showing dissimilarity range
- Molecule pick list component is not responding to window/container resize events.
- Issues of statistics visualization:
- Missing values of numeric dimensions are not handled on scatter plots.
- Embedded server
WARNINGlevel log messages (
WARNING: Ignoring unknown format: png) when a molecule image conversion is requested.
- A possible race condition in file IO might result in an Exception (
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Empty stream cannot be read.) when reading files/standard input. This affects self contained examples.
- In case of a malformed JSON POST request sent to the REST server occassionally a
text/plainresponse (with HTTP status 400 - Bad request) is received. The expected behavior in such situation would be an
application/jsonresponse with a proper error descriptor.
- Request body encoding of the POST API endpoints are mixed; some of them accept only
application/x-www-form-urlencodedbodies, some of them only
application/json, some both. Consult REST API documentation.
- When displaying command line help for tool
searchStorage(by using option
-h) a brief pause during printout happens.
- On Windows + Cygwin passing a single
*character as a command line argument might undergo wildcard expansion (globbing). This can be problematic when using tool
-allowedOrigins "*"parameter specified. As a workaround use